dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I want to start off by saying that this problem has been

Customer Question

I want to start off by saying that this problem has been going on for about 7 months now. It first started as what appeared as dry skin on a small section of my foreskin (i am circumcised) When masturbating without a lubricant I would notice a few very small flakes of dry skin flaking off. I then continued to only use lotion or lubrication when masturbating. That dry skin slowly turned into a small rash which eventually made its way up onto my glans after a few months and has been growing ever since. It is now almost all the way around the circumference of my glans and is starting to grow towards the tip. At first, I thought it could be a yeast infection because I was in the sun a lot during the summer and was almost always wearing jeans or athletic pants. I bought all the anti-fungal creams you could imagine but nothing really seemed to help, I even tried Clotrimazole 1%. After none of the topical creams worked i decided to try a more natural route and switch to coconut oil around November. I continued to use it throughout November and December. Around Christmas time, I read online that yeast infections need to be killed from the inside so I went on a very strict Candida diet with NO sugar NO beer and very few carbs while combating with more of the Clotrimazole cream...I was using these methods for about 2 weeks and I noticed no improvements, In fact, it seemed to still be progressing further around my glans. I am starting to think that this is not a yeast infection and that the antifungals have been doing more harm than good. So now I am using a Zinc Oxide cream which seems to help a little bit but not much. I have an appointment with my doctor next week but I am hoping for some useful information on here as well. I must say that the rash does NOT itch or sting or burn. Only a very dull pain from time to time. (like a sore muscle). Also, the rash is raised very slightly when erect and when not erect, the rash is wrinkly with the skin and shiny but does not appear to be raised. It is now seeming to become more irritated after masturbation or sex. It is not an STD as i have been with my wife for over 6 years now and she is pregnant and recently had a pap smear with no std's present. What could this be???? Ive searched everything (yeast infection, balanitis, psoriasis, lichen planus) but none of them seem to be similar to what i have except perhaps lichen planus.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have plenty of hq pictures that I can add as well if you need me to
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

can you upload current clear jpg photos of the area from a computer

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert