How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 46307
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dr. My husband has body odor, and had underarm surgery which

Customer Question

Hi, Dr David. My husband has body odor, and had underarm surgery which helped the smell from there when he was child. But when we have sex, anywell he has hair, I can still smell it a lot. Anything can help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

thanks for requesting me

he might benefit from botox injections into areas of sweat glands and in areas he has hair to decrease body odor

he might benefit from more surgery to remove sweat glands from under his skin in his arm pits and on his body

bromhidrosis is excessive body odor

skin laser therapy can also kill hair and also kill skin sweat glands

a frequency-doubled, Q-switched Nd:YAG laser has been effective in axillary (arm pit) bromhidrosis

More recently, the 1444-nm Nd:YAG laser has been used to acheive subdermal coagulation and destruction of apocrine glands or sweat glands.

he should consult with a dermatologist about this laser therapy and see if he is a candidate

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using