Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I used 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Oxy Cover on a very intense

Customer Question

I used 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Oxy Cover on a very intense pimple on my chest (near the middle of my abdomen), and also on smaller pimples on my face for about 4 days now. I now don't really have the pimples anymore but instead most of my face is red, dry and irritated, and there is a dark red burn like mark on my chest. I was wondering what treatment you would recommend to get rid of this irritation as soon as possible!!!!! I'm worried that it will be permanent.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

You have mild irritant dermatitis to the Benzoyl Peroxide cream - this is a common side effect of the product. Just apply 1% Cortizone cream on the affected area on the chest twice a day for a week or so and it should clear up. On the face use a bland moisturizing cream like Cetaphil or La Roche Posay Toleraine or Sensibio Forte 3-4 times a day for a week or so. Stay out of direct sunlight and only wash with plain water. These measures should take care of the problems.
Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.