How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump about the size of quarter, that looks like

Customer Question

Customer: I have a lump about the size of quarter, that looks like scar tissue in the center of my chest that is at time itchy and painful. I can some times squeeze it and get a white paste that smells horrible out of it. I have had this for about 15 years but it is continuing to grow and get more irritated. I'm a 38 yr old male
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had other people say it looks like a keloid (sp) but no one was sure. It is always tender to the touch even when it isn't hurting. Its not exactly round. Look like two kidney beans side by side under the skin
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this sounds like a subaceous cyst which can put out subaceous waxy material

you can ask a surgeon to have it cut out if it is irritating.

it might be infected. you might need a course of antibiotic therapy.

would you like to upload a clear jpg photo of the lump from a computer?

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

Related Dermatology Questions