Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

13 months ago my now 2 year 4 month old had a congenital

Customer Question
mole removed from his scalp...
13 months ago my now 2 year 4 month old had a congenital mole removed from his scalp. It was flat/pink/flesh colored. My regular derm thought it might be a Spitz nevus, so recommended biopsy. The pediatric derm thought it looked like a benign mastocystoma.
Shave biopsy came back: "Compound nevus with atypia and congenital pattern, edges involved. The atypia is likely due to the anatomic location. If this lesion was clinically atypical and has not been clinically completely removed, this should be considered."
Both derms concur that it is benign clinically. I still plan to have it completely excised when he is ready, for peace of mind. I would like your opinion.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dermatology
12/17/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have a good picture. Can you reply based on the path report and the facts about the derms clinical opinions?

Yes surely.

The description from the pathology report and the history that you have given definitely shows that it is a benign condition .

You can get it removed for peace of mind when he is ready for the surgery.

You can keep a watch on the area and plan the removal once he is a little older.

It is very rare for the compound nevus to be malignant at this age.

Hello

I am awaiting a response from you .

Do you have any further queries ?

I would be happy to assist you .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am unable to rate...
dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist