How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 46328
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Hi Doctor!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had these red skin infections on me for a week. I don't know what they are. At the beginning it was red and swelling, now it's flat but the skin color turned dark. I've attached pictures here.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

those look like skin staph infections which sometimes can dry up and turn into dark areas of hyperpigmentation.

you need a skin culture to know if those areas are areas of infections.

do you have a doctor you can see who can do a skin culture for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't done a skin culture. Is there a possibility it is jock itch?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it could be a skin fungal infection or bacterial infection.

only a skin culture can tell

did you have a history of a jock itch infection.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using