Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

My hsv 2 igg first time I tested was .28 on November 4 I

Customer Question

My hsv 2 igg first time I tested was .28 on November 4 I tested it today 12/9 and its .40 should I be worried with the .12 increase? I have had a rash in my groin area which my pco believes it's a fungal it doesn't hurt when I touch it. I have taken diflucan oral and rub both anti fungal cream and nystatin powder. It's not as visible as it was but it's gone away so has the numbness sensation.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not as visble as it was before when I took my blood test on 11/4 I felt numbness and an icy hot sensation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to include that I have also gotten tested in October and it was negative
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

What was the lab cut off for a positive result - more than 1.0?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lab cut off is .9<x<1 is not an accurate positive 1<x is positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lab cut off is .9<x<1 not an accurate positive 1<x is postive should I be worried that I see a .12 increase in November to December ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lab cut off is .9< x1 is not an accurate positive and 1<X is positive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9<x<1false p 1<X p
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a word limit ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached the lab paper
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the report. You have no reason to worry - the exact antibody values can vary anywhere between 0 and 0.9 - there are competing antibodies and if you have the flu for example your values can change slightly. The results may be higher or lower than your previous report. This is of no significance as long as the report stays below 0.9.