How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 45945
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

QUESTION}I have ulcer like sores on my scalp that spread and

Customer Question

QUESTION}I have ulcer like sores on my scalp that spread and cause crusting and at times my scalp gets soft and will produce a sticky liquid Hair is falling out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could be having psoriasis of your scalp or a bacterial scalp infection or folliculitis of your scalp pain.

you need to see a doctor right away or dermatologist

and get a scalp biopsy and wound culture of the area to see if you need a course of antibiotics

or if you need treatment for psoriasis like a steroid cream or systemic therapy

do you have a doctor you can see?