How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 46954
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Scar hurting and growing. What could this be?

Customer Question

I have this thing that looks like a scar, it hurts sometimes, and I guess that it keeps getting bigger.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it could be a hypertrophic scar or keloid.

some people make excessive scar tissue after trauma or surgery.

circumcision is a type of surgery which cuts out excessive foreskin.

that surgery could have caused a keloid in the area.

there are treatments for keloids which could help