Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Non raised splotchy red rash forearms only, does not itch.

Customer Question

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Low grade hypertension take Catopril for have been on same med x 3 years., only med/condition. Rash has been present for several months, use only non scented lotions, hypo allergenic laundry soap etc.Originally thought may be a sun reaction but no improvement this fall/winter.

thank you for that additional information.

Can you upload a few pictures of the rash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture can I email it to you, I dont know how to send otherwise.

You can just attach it with the paperclip on your screen. If it is not on your computer, email it to yourself, save it to your desktop and attach it.

Or you can email it to justanswer; ask customer service for the email address they can forward it to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully you have received picture

I have received your picture. Thanks for uploading it. Sorry it took so long to get back to you....my middle daughter and two grandchildren are in town and we have been making snowmen in the front yard and sliding down the hill......It's fun to be 3 and 5 :)

It is difficult to tell exactly what may be causing this rash as the features are not specific enough. My first thought is a contact dermatitis or possibly a autoimmune reaction secondary to a fungal infection.

At this point the only way for you to get to the bottom of what is causing this rash, especially since it has been present for such a long time, is to have a dermatologist look at it in person. After examining you the Doctor may want to do specialized testing such as a skin scraping or even a full thickness biopsy.

If you don't want to see a dermatologist you could try a short course of 1% hydrocortosone cream (available over the counter) twice a day and see if things improve.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.