How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have what I think is just skin irritation around my penis

Customer Question

I have what I think is just skin irritation around my penis (shaft). I thought it was originally from too much sex or something, so I just abstained from it for about a week. I saw improvement, and even some scabbing over; which really lead to believe my skin was just feelings. However I just had sex & the irritation and sensitivity came right back. I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The picture is there. The area I'm speaking of looks red. The swelling has gone down throughout the night but the irritation is still present
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for the photo sent.

This is an allergic contact dermatitis / frictional dermatitis.

This is not infectious nor is it contagious.

This is not an infection.

You should apply lubricant like Vaseline lotion during masturbation act or sexual contact.

You should use Canestan HC lotion which is available over the counter twice a day to treat the area .

Use it for a period of 10 days.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

I awaiting a response from you .

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.