How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a female in my late thirty and have a chronic skin rash

Customer Question

I am a female in my late thirty and have a chronic skin rash that is very itchy and goes red when I scratch. I have been to various dermatologist but it has gone and come back. The rashes are only around my body between my waist and breasts and my back. Scaring occurs and it itches again and I scratch and this has been an on going problem for the last three years. I can sen pictures if interested. It is very embarrassing!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please find attached.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Do you also have joint pains , mouth ulcers , recurrent eye conjunctivitis , scalp involvement ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No none of that.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for the reply.

This is Guttate Psoriasis .You would need a course of Erythromycin for 3 to 6 weeks.

This will help in reducing the inflammation and redness

You would need to apply Cetaphil Restoraderm Lotion on the area twice a day for 10 days .

This not does seem like anything Malignant or any autoimmune condition .

Related Dermatology Questions