Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Are you able to advise on severe eczema? I need some advice

Customer Question
Customer: Hi Dr are you...
Customer: Hi Dr are you able to advise on severe eczema?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need some advice regarding acute eczema. I have suffered from acute eczema for 15 years now and have had only two significant flare ups in that time which have required hospital treatment and impaired my to the point of not being able to work. the first flare up was attributed to glands in my hunters canal swelling up to the size of a grapefruit which baffled Dr's in the hospital I was in. the lymph glands inside the pelvic region were also massively swollen. I was admitted to hospital for 3 weeks and placed on prednisolone and also elocon ointment and covered head to toe in the stuff. Gradually I recovered and was able to stop taking the excessively hot baths and scolding myself to alleviate the significant and constant pain I was in.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok how long approx.?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
11/27/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have such bad eczema and lymph node swelling

you need to be tested for autoimmune disorders such as lupus and other conditions with ANA, ESR, C reactive protein, anti ds DNA antibodies to see if you have autoimmune disorder causing your symptoms.

have you had these tests so far?

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist