Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I also have lupus and genital lesions. They are sore and

Customer Question

I also have lupus and genital lesions. They are sore and hurt. I am black and quite dark down there. The lesions are pinkish-white, raised, round and sore. Is this lupus-related. It CANNOT be sexually transmitted as I am not sexually active.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Lupus can cause a variety of symptoms in the skin, including sores that affect the genitals. The sores can be raised sores or ulcers.

If you can attach a picture of the genital lesions, then I can say better whether they have the appearance of lupus skin lesions.

I had asked if you could attach a picture, but have not heard back.

Since lupus can commonly cause skin sores, it certainly would increase the likelihood that these sores are due to lupus in you, since you are known to have lupus. If the sores are from lupus, then the usual treatment would be topical anti-inflammatory medicine. Steroid creams are usually tried first, but another common option would be medicines that suppress the immune system, such as tacrolimus or pimecrolimus.