How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to the doctor today and was told a possibly have

Customer Question

Good evening,
I went to the doctor today and was told a possibly have strep throat. It also has come out through a puncture in my face. I believe caused by a pimple that I picked. It is infected now and looks terrible. I was prescribed antibiotics, and told to purchase Bacitracin which I did. My problem is it's literally an open wound about the diameter of a dime. It was the size of a stick pen before it got infected. I'm very concerned about scarring with this being in my face. Can this wound heal staying clean and moist, or should I let the pus dry around it, and create a scab. They both look bad, but I feel like every time the wound is moist it reopens. I don't want my face to have permanent damage, or scar tissue. Please help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I've been waiting sometime now. I thought someone was on hand and available?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic