How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TheGermDoctor Your Own Question
TheGermDoctor, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 1747
Experience:  Infectious Diseases specialist. I treat dermatologic infections- incl. bacterial, viral and fungal.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
TheGermDoctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a rash on my pubic area build up itchy too

Customer Question

I have a rash on my pubic area white build up itchy too
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll post a picture as well
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 1 year ago.


The picture does not come out great as it is in fact too zoomed in.

But it looks like a fungal infection most likely or some form of dermatitis.

Have you veer had this before?

Were there any blisters first?

Any new sexual partner?

Any symptoms aside from itch?

Have you used anythin topically already in the area

Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 1 year ago.

are you still here? If you answer those questions I can better give advice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I've never had this before .
No blisters .
Yes I had a a sexual encounter with a girl but it only lasted a week then after I noticed these.
No other symptoms just itchy .
I tried using some lotion to see if it was just dryness but it didn't go away .
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 1 year ago.

I would say it most likely is a fungal infection-

It does not look like herpes, and I doubt it is at all related to your sexual contact.

I would suggest trying an over the counter antifungal cream or powder- and suspect it will go away.

If this does not work, but second thought would be a form of dermatitis, which could be treated with a topical hyydrocortisone.

But try the antifungal first.

Good luck and please provide a rating if this answers your question