DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

Hoping you can help me, my grandson has been breaking out

Customer Question

hi hoping you can help me, my grandson has been breaking out with rash like welts. he has been to the dr and the dr dosent have any idea what it is. she gave him a shot of of steroids that helped he seamed to be getting better, then today he started breaking out again with vengeance... please we need some advice. she is sending him to a dermatologist. he cant get in to see him for a month???? he is in pain and hurting. I have some pictures to send if you need them.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Yes attach the pictures

You are describing hives.

Most often cause unknown.

Not serious.

Sometimes from allergy or contact exposures.

rarely associated with immune system problems.

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

See my add services offer.

I almost never use steroids in this situation, not for years.

Underlying causes must be addressed.

Find Dr. Thomas in medical by request daily.....make sure you get me, and make sure you are responding to me on this post....will still be glad to look at pics. Welts, however, are hives.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Thomas
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

OK

Eczema is also possible.

So is posriasis but less so.

I would have the regular doctor, right now, take a small piece of the skin and send it to the lab.

This should provide a diagnosis before even going to the specialist.

OK, so that is an initial answer….