How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPhilMD Your Own Question
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 55478
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DocPhilMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 67 year old male who seems to break small blood

Customer Question

I am a 67 year old male who seems to break small blood vessels in my scalp when I make love with my wife. Nothing but intercourse triggers this reaction as I lift weights and exercise regularly. The only drug I take is hydroxyurea for a blood platelet
problem. My hematologist says the scalp red spots are not caused my condition or the drug. Have you seen or heard of this. Anything I can do to prevent it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

do you take any meds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated the only medicine I take on a regular basis is hydroxyurea.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

It is because of your platelets. It absolutely

do you take aleve, aspirin or any other OTC meds?

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

If you have more questions, just reply