How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrThomasMd Your Own Question
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 64286
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrThomasMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband accidentally scratched mself on the head of s

Customer Question

My husband accidentally scratched himself on the head of his penis. It looks like quite a bit of a deep abbration. He says it burns when he urinates and there is puss coming out but he can't figure out whether the puss is coming from the abbration or his penis. He won't go to the doctor because he doesn't have insurance at the moment. He is just trying to wait it out to see if it goes away but I think it's infected. What are your thoughts about this? Should he go to see a doctor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Yes she should go to a doctor.

Staph infection is possible.

Some forms of staph can turn nasty and eat up tissue rapidly./

He would not want that.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.