Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 22 and i have bad acne on my face. heads, black heads…

Customer Question
Good evening, My name is***** 22...
Good evening,
My name is***** 22 and i have bad acne on my face. White heads, black heads and the big red ones( Im not sure what you call those). My acne has improved alot since i was a teenager but its still pretty bad. Im active duty Navy so im stressed out alot and ive tried going to Navy medical and all they gave me was benzoyl peroxide which did not help much. I have also tried proactive and many other brands of face wash. My question is do you think prescription meds would be worth a try? If so I will go and make an apointment. Also I like to lift weights and when I take certain supplements like testosterone boosters my acne worsens even more.
Thank you
Very respectfully
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
10/16/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Its not as bad because i stopped taking test boosters and creatine. I tried photo bucket and it would not load. And where is this paper clip icon? I tried the + add files but i dont know if it saved.
Ok i see that it worked. My camera sucks.
It doesn't look near as bad on camera

Thank you for the photos sent. I will study the photos and revert soon.

One more thing. What about accutane?

Have you tried Accutane before?

Prescription medications like Accutane work very well.

Are you still on the testosterone boosters daily?

Ive never tried accutane.
And i stopped taking testosterone boosters a week ago.