How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Pravin Your Own Question
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2771
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Pravin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having some abnormalities in my genital area. I had

Customer Question

I'm having some abnormalities in my genital area. I had unprotected sex with a new partner roughly 12 weeks ago shortly after a jock itch episode. Nothing abnormal or any of my current symptoms until now. General itching/tingling but more localized to my penis head now. Also noticing some tiny bumps that appear to be under the skin of the penis head. My concern is an ongoing Yeast/BV episode my regular partner has had since my exposure to this other partner unprotected 12 weeks ago. The Yeast/BV won't seem to disappear and now I'm having similar itching burning symptoms.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see on image? Very subtle and below skin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is another
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photos. Will study them and revert to you soon.
Do you have history of Diabetes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I'm aware of
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

This does not seem to be a yeast infection as you bumps are under the skin without any scaling or redness on top.

This seems to be a frictional or allergic dermatitis.

Could there have been any probability of a friction in the area recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
friction from both intercourse and masturbation. I am nervous about potential STDs from unprotected exposure 12 weeks prior as well.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

There is no sign of STD nor is there any sign of infection in the area.

This can be treated with addition of Cortaid cream which you can get over the counter along with the Lotrimin cream or Canestan cream twice a day on the are for 10 days.

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?

You can give me a rating through the Rating Service application on your page.


Dr Pravin

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.


Please do let me know if you still have your concern. I am awaiting a message from you .

I would be happy to help you