Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have been putting lotrimon on the fungal area around my

Customer Question
genitalia and washing frequently. My...
I have been putting lotrimon on the fungal area around my genitalia and washing frequently. My skin is drying up and peeling but, leaving smalls cuts is this part of the healing process? it is starting to get painful as well. I talked to a doctor on here
last week here it's my Account # 89811248 and Order ID# ***** and also some pictures to give you a better idea what's going on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
http://s614.photobucket.com/user/Loc_Owe/library/
10/6/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. SH, Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician

Thank you for your question.

I think that you would also need antibacterial cream in addition to the antifungal one.

You may also require an oral antibiotic.

I would recommend that you be seen for this as you will likely require prescription strength medications.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.

Kind regards

What is a good antibacterial cream to get

Polysporin or neosporin is a good OTC cream.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards

I.just want to ask again for another opinion this this look like an std

Genital herpes is a possibility in your case particularly if you have been having unprotected sex.

The best thing to do is to be examined and tested to be sure.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Rate me by clicking on one of the stars at your end.

Kind regards

Does it look like it? I've been to the hospital last week and the doctor told me it was a great rash and the last doctor on this site said it didn't look like an std either
Sorry heat rash
it's been non stop itching since the end of August

It is unlikely to be herpes because of the very fact fact that you have been symptomatic since so long.

Herpes would have healed up by now.

But I would definitely recommend that you be seen by a skin doctor preferably as you will likely require prescription strength medications to help cure this.

Please rate me before we proceed.

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician