How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Pravin Your Own Question
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2811
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Pravin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 50. I have yeast-like acne on my face. mostly on my

Customer Question

I'm 50. I have yeast-like acne on my face. mostly on my chin, but sometimes on my cheek and sides of nose. I know I'm not supposed to use Triamcinolone Acetonide or similar items on my face, but they are truly the ONLY things that help. It's definitely worse 1 week after my cycle, so there is a hormonal component to this. This has been going on for a decade.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I don't use a topical steroid cream for even one night, my face, especially below the corners of my mouth will be broken out in yeast-like, fluid filled pimples. If I apply the creme, within a few hours it will go away. If I don't use the creme, it will last and worsen until I give up and use the creme. In the past few months, I've started to get cystic acne on the side of my nose/in the folds or on my cheeks. once the cyst starts to heal, the yeast-like symptoms set in, and it'll last for weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic