Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

What's the best treatment for a child of 6 with molloscum?

Customer Question
Hi what's the best treatment...
Hi what's the best treatment for a child of 6 with molloscum?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I don't know if u got the picture or not.
I want to know if there is something I can apply to make this go away faster? She takes gym and dance and I'm afraid kids are going to catch it.

Thank you very much for the photo.

I have received it. Will revert soon with a response

Ok thanks.

You would prefer a home treatment option or the fastest treatment that can be done at the Doctor/Dermatologists clinic?

I didn't receive a response.

Have you got them cryofreezed anytime? The fastest method to get rid of them and to prevent them from spreading to others is to get them frozen at the doctors clinic with the liquid nitrogen freeze. This is the safest and least irritant and painful method.

The other methods to remove these is by application of chemical cautery , electro cautery or currettage. These methods would help remove them very fast but they would not be applicable as they would be painful in a child 6 years of age.

The other method is application of acidic lotions or creams like imiquimod but this can take months together and even are not safe for children below 12.

Also try over the counter Apple cider Vinegar to get rid of them faster.

Does your child have any other health issues?

She has no other health issues. What are the dangers in fucibet? I've been reading that it works better than imiquimod. Is it safe for a 6 year old? Also, are they contagious when they look like they do in the pic I sent?

Fucibet is a Steroid. It has no role in molluscum.

They are contagious as they are caused by a virus molluscum contagiosum virus.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

How long does the virus run it's course?

It may vary from 6 weeks to 6 months

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist