Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I'm 24 years male, and 3 day ago started getting a rash on

Customer Question

Hi I'm 24 years male, and 3 day ago started getting a rash on my arm and legs and I don't know what it is, I looked online and with the descriptions that I read I scared because they say it looks like hiv rash.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are some photos
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have history of weight loss , sore throat , high fever , sweating and chills , lymph nodes along with this rash?
Did you have any high risk factors for HIV like having unprotected intercourse with unknown person ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Answering your questions, no I haven't experienced any of those symptoms, however I did had unprotected intercourse. Do you think it looks like that?

Thank you for your reply.

No , this does not look like HIV rash.

You do not even have any symptoms mentioned above. Please do not worry as this is definitely not HIV rash.

How many days after the unprotected sex did you get this rash?

Did you have any medication before the onset of this rash?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 days after but I was on vacations so I'm also thinking about the chance that maybe are bed bugs bites from the hotel?

Yes , this can be very much like bed bug bites at the hotel , sharing of towels.

What is the level of itching that you are getting?