How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPhilMD Your Own Question
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 56200
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DocPhilMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a sensitive spot on my nose located (when looking at

Customer Question

I have a sensitive spot on my nose located (when looking at me) on the right side of my nose, just above the nostril, kind of center of the "bulb" of my nose, and on the outside. It doesn't hurt normally, but if I put pressure on the spot, it is tender
with a sharp pain - almost a burning sensation within the skin. It is difficult to describe. The location of the pain/sensation seems to be located under a darker skin spot I've had for years - as far back as I can remember. The pain/sensation has been present
for over a month now; I would venture to say six weeks or so. Also, if I rub my nose by moving it back and forth like I sometimes do, that also aggravates it. What could this be? What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.

do you have any more pics?

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.

how long have you had this?