How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 45970
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have suffered sores on scalp since age 40, seen 4

Customer Question

I have suffered sores on scalp since age 40, seen 4 different dermatologists over this time, told seb derm ,folliculitis, zinc and selenium sulf shampoos do not work. Even taking oral zinc x 2 mos now. My twin has same thing, very painful and embarrassing. Would love an answer, or any help, thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

could be scalp psoriasis.

you need a scalp skin biopsy to help with the diagnosis.

you might need steroid creams to help with psoriasis.

have you had a scalp biopsy yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not had biopsy , there is no white scaly appearance only random spots in back and left side of scalp start as hard raised pimple-like and I scratch and now have full infection that takes forever to go away, always wondered if coffee is my trigger hard to quit but may have to just to see if ruling out helps at all
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

coffee would not cause this problem.

if you have an infection you have to see a doctor right away

and get a skin culture and antibiotic therapy.

if you don't see a doctor the infection will only get worse and can spread to your blood stream.

do you have health insurance to be able to see a doctor or dermatologist?