Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I woke up Monday with scaly dried skin and bumps forming a

Customer Question

I woke up Monday with scaly dried skin and bumps forming a circle around my mouth. Not my lips just the skin under my nose and chin. I cannot identify why this happened , no waxing or creams used. It itches and burns and skin feels tight. It's almost like a burn. Pictures attached. Please I don't have money to see a doctor so what should I do to treat this
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Face
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
More face .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just really concerned because it came out of nowhere I can't identify the cause.
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 2 years ago.

This appears to be a case of a condition known as perioral dermatitis. Be assured that this is usually not serious or usually difficult to treat .

Avoid use of steroids and especially steroid creams ..

Wash face with mild soap such as Dove or Cetaphil...

See this site for details and pictures to compare....

http://www.aocd.org/?page=perioraldermatitis

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know if that's it, because now it's starting to flake. Does that make a difference ?

No it still fits as this condition may cause you to have some scaling and flaking....