Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have red raised rashes which are itchy I noticed one at

Customer Question
12PM yesterday (Saturday) which is...
I have red raised rashes which are itchy I noticed one at 12PM yesterday (Saturday) which is on the inner left elbow not big like a an insect bite as the day progressed I had noticed one on the right foot and inner right knee one on the left foot and one on the right fore arm anterior and right upper arm posterior and one close the first one on the inner elbow.
I was at a hotel on Saturday and these started to appear after I left the hotel. The only other relevant contact I have had was with a neighbors dog on Thursday night.
What do you think this is and what should I do ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
8/23/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I am not able to upload a photo if you can show me some the way I described them I can choose one
Can you give an answer ?

Thank you for the confirmation.

From the history that you have provided , it does sound like papular urticaria or insect bite reaction.

I would like some more information to confirm my diagnosis:

Do the spots remain on the area or do they go away after 3 to 4 hours?

If you press them , do they blanch?

Do they itch more if warm water falls on the area?

The spots have remained in the area there have been no further rashes some get smaller they are itchy when irritated and they do not blanch when pressed they remain red yes I believe when warm water is on the area they do itch

Thank you very much

This definitely seems to be papular urticaria.

There is no sign of psoriasis , STD , lichen planus , or any other chronic skin disease.

Application of over the counter medication like Calamine lotion and Intake of oral tablet called Claritine 10 mg once daily at night will be very helpful.

Have you taken any treatment for the same till now?

what do you think insect bite bed bugs from the hotel It was a holiday inn

Yes , it could have been due to bed bugs. The lesions are so discrete and itchy and classically increasing in itching is seen with warm water contact.

no treatment for anything like this - they way these developed made me curious as no insects that I was aware of where near me the only factor was it stared after I left the hotel and I have never experienced this type of development of a rash.How long before they go away -should I go to a clinic ?

There is a over the counter treatment:

It includes:

If it does not go away in 7 days you can go to the clinic.

They will surely respond to the above line of treatment.

Regards

The fact that it started after the hotel visit , it is mostly circumstantially related to bed bug bites

Dr Pravin

Do you Agree with what i have mentioned?

I think your right I will try the Calamine lotion but I would not want to use an antihistamine as I do not want to interfere with
my immune response -thank you have been helpfull

Thank you .

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Please do leave a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Do you have any further queries that you would like to be answered?

I am awaiting your reply. Regards

Dr Pravin

Hello How are you feeling today?

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist