How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 18455
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having yellow like puss coming out of my penis

Customer Question

I have been having yellow like puss coming out of my penis anytime I squeeze it and also it burns when I urinate, I still have sex, but the puss is still there I think I might have an infection but I don't know what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Yes, the primary concern about pus draining from the penis would be an infection of the tube in the penis, called urethritis. This is commonly from one of two sexually transmitted germs, chlamydia or gonorrhea. There are some non-sexually transmitted germs that can cause urethritis, but the sexually transmitted germs are more common in adults that are sexually active.
Therefore, it is important that you see your doctor to be checked for these infections, and if positive, both you and your recent sexual partners should be treated with antibiotics.
It would also be better for you to stop having sex until this has been diagnosed and treated.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.