Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I noticed a black spot show up on my scrotum one day and

Customer Question
really could use some advise...
I noticed a black spot show up on my scrotum one day and really could use some advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
8/23/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. How long you have this black spot? There is any swelling or pain? It's only one or more then one? It appers to be around hair follicle?

I first noticed it, a few weeks ago but im not sure how long exactly and yes it is around the hair follicles.. ive attached some pictures for you. It doesn't hurt at all and doesnt look swollen just flat on the surface. My biggest fear is that its some kind of cancer or something, which im praying it Isnt. The other issue i have which I believe has no relation to my scrodum and thats another spot i noticed on the shaft of my penis, its also flat, small, and i noticed it maybe a week and a half ago
These are pictures of it. I was looking at pictures online and comparing them to what i was seeing but im not sure what to think

Thanks for the details. It is very difficult to make a diagnosis from a picture without examining it. I would say by looking at your pictures and history it is important to investigate few important possibilities Penile & scrotum Melanosis (non-cancerous), angio-keratomas of penis and scrotum (non-cancerous). I will also like to rule out malignant melnoma (cancerous) which seems to be less likely but important to rule out with the help of skin biopsy. I will advise your physician to refer you for an evaluation by Deramologist for possible skin biopsy which is important. I wish you best of luck for that. Early evaluation by physician is recommended.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.

Ok just one more picture if you could take a look at it, so in your opinion, this doesnt look like genital warts outbreak or something? Im just worried..

Thanks for sending me another picture. I would say that it does not seems to be warts from the picture but I mentioned it's difficult to make the exact diagnosis by looking only pictures. Examination is required. It is not likely to be genital warts. I will highly advise to follow the guidelines which I mentioned above and to rule out the possibilities which I mentioned you before. Also I would like to have screening of sexually transmitted infections by looking into this picture which you sent me now to rule out sexually transmitted infections too. I wish you best of luck.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.

Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor