DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I bought these shoes - as you can see in first pic where the

Customer Question

I bought these shoes - as you can see in first pic where the big jewel is - now look second pic where big jewel was rubbing on both feet in same place I have red areas. What is this, dermatitis? Is this a sign of an autoimmune disease?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You need an exam.
This might be arthritis.
It might be gout.
It might be a skin inflammation over the joint, not likely, but possible.
It can even be irritation from rubbing of the shoes.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel like you didn't read my question. Gout? Arthritis? I said after wearing the shoes I had red areas. Not pain, not arthritis.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.
Your initial question did not state that.
Perhaps some is cut of on my end.
If this is from the shoes rubbing, as I mentioned above, then it is not any disease.
It is irritation of the skin.
If you continue to irritate it, callus formation will occur and a podiatrist will be needed.
If you wear wide box toe shoes for now, and avoid irritation, this should resolve.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is skin irritation a sign of lupus or autoimmune disease
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.
As I stated above...no...it is not.