How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4069
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hope you can help me improve my problem. I'm a 43 year old

Customer Question

Hello Dr. I hope you can help me improve my problem. I'm a 43 year old woman, and my face has developed dark patches under my nose that looks similar to a hair growth. I've used dark spot corrective gels/ cream every day and night for the past 3 weeks. I've seen very little difference. I cover it up, as much as I can, with make up thru out the day, but it's still noticeable. It's very embarrassing when talking to people. I can tell they're looking at, what to them looks like, a mustache. I know that at my age, it has to be related to hormone changes. I just want to know what I can do to get rid of it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Have you had hormonal testing?
We can not diagnose you or treat you here, but I can help set you in the right direction