Dermatology

Connect one-on-one with a verified dermatologist who will answer your question

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist

More related answers
All dermatologists are VERIFIED
I have been taking the generic for accutane for 5 months. It
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
I have been taking the generic for accutane for 5 months. It is a very low dose of 20 mg every other day. My skin has been cyst free since I started. My doctor has been hospitalized and his staff does… read more
Can UVB phototherapy be used at the same time as low-dose
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Hi, Can UVB phototherapy be used at the same time as low-dose Accutane (10mg every other day) and 1000mg daily of Erythromycin? If so, should I approach the UVB therapy by starting off with a short ti… read more
I stopped a low dose (10 mg/day) treatment of accutane one
doctor123
doctor123, Physician
I stopped a low dose (10 mg/day) treatment of accutane one week ago. I was wondering if the product by ZENMED - skin eraser- would be ok at this time. I'm trying to diminish scarring and dark spots bu… read more
My dermatologist is starting me on 20mg a day accutane this
Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
My dermatologist is starting me on 20mg a day accutane this week and I have an appointment to see her in one month. Should I stop all topical regimens? What is the best way to take care of my skin dur… read more
I am starting on 20mg a day of accutane this week and will
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
I am starting on 20mg a day of accutane this week and will be seen for my dermatologist in one month for follow-up. Do you have recommendations for a skin care routine while I am on accutane? Also, is… read more
I took 2 40 mg accutane pills for 4 days and decided that I
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
I took 2 40 mg accutane pills for 4 days and decided that I don't want to go through with accutane probably because my acne is very mild. Just wondering when will the dry skin and lips subside? Also, … read more
I have completed 6 months - 80 mg per day of accutane.
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
I have completed 6 months - 80 mg per day of accutane .However my skin darkened a lot and wanted to know if I can use any topicals. Earlier i have used HQ 4% with good results . I understand that skin… read more
Can low dose prednisone 20 mg 3 days, 15 mg 3 days, then 10
Dr. S. Attili
Can low dose prednisone 20 mg 3 days, 15 mg 3 days , then 10 mg 3 days make you susceptable to shingles. I was prescribed them to keep acne at bay by derm and of course am worried… read more
I am on my 25 day of accutane and my skin is still oily why
Dr. S. Attili
I am on my 25 day of accutane and my skin is still oily why and dose that mean I have to take higher than 30 mg twice a day?… read more
Using Accutane for close to a month - 80mg/ day .I have skin
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Internal Medicine Physician
using Accutane for close to a month - 80mg/ day .I have brown skin and after I started using Accutane - i have become very darker this is having an effect on my social life . I am trying to find somet… read more
I got off a 6 month cycle of accutane in late may of 2009.
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctoral Degree
I got off a 6 month cycle of accutane in late may of 2009. My face is clear but my skin is super pale and wont tan like it used to. I was wondering if the pale skin will tan again or if it will contin… read more
Im a 52 year old male who is experiencing skin problems
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Im a 52 year old male who is experiencing skin problems again.about 4 years ago i was on very small dose of accutane and it really worked well i had no side effects or problems.I wondering im having t… read more
I've been on Accutane for 4 months now. The 1st month I was
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
I've been on Accutane for 4 months now. The 1st month I was at 40mg/day. 2nd month 80mg/day. 3rd month 120mg/day. 4th month 160mg/day. My dermatologist wants me to stay on 160mg/day for another 3-4 mo… read more
I have two questions, I hope you are able to answer them. 1.
Dr. S. Attili
I have two questions, I hope you are able to answer them. 1. Two months ago I finished a 4 month accutane course (for mild/moderate acne), the acne is totally gone but my face is very white (pale skin… read more
Last year i took a course of Isotretinoin (accutane) for 4
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Last year i took a course of Isotretinoin (accutane) for 4 months from December 2009-April 2010 to clear my acne. Whilst it did a fantastic job i would say it was about 90% effective, and i still get … read more
I have had dry irritated and itchy skin on the shaft of my
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
I have had dry irritated and itchy skin on the shaft of my penis for 4 months now. I have tried just about every cream and nothing seems to work. it starts out as almost an open sore and then scabs ov… read more
I'm 20 years old. I've had acne since I was 15, I tried pro
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm 20 years old. I've had acne since I was 15, I tried pro active which made my skin worst. I went on accutane when I was 17 it got very severe and made my skin worst it lef… read more
For the past 3-4 weeks I have very itchy skin only on my
Dr. S. Attili
For the past 3-4 weeks I have very itchy skin only on my arms and neck I have tried every soap and every topical ointment and cannot find relief I only get sores if I itch until I make a sore and blee… read more