How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dermdoc19 Your Own Question
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 4124
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dermdoc19 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some bumps on my penis that I would like a profession

Customer Question

I have some bumps on my penis that I would like a profession opinion on
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.

Would it be possible to forward a photograph? Thank you. To do so click on the paper clip icon to upload.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've added three files - there are two bumps that I can see
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Suggestions on treatment would be appreciated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When can I expect an answer
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for sending the photographs. This appears to be most consistent with genital warts. About 50% of genital warts are transmitted venereally ( via sexual contact) while the other 50% may have arrived on the genitals from the fingers or other sources ( shaking hands with someone with warts, sitting in an area where there where the wart virus was present.

Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.

Unlike warts in other places I do not recommend that over the counter medications be tried first. Since some strains in this area can be carcinogenic, it is strongly advised to have them eradicated. In the office setting, we usually treat these with cryotherapy ( freezing) or laser. In addition, we use creams such as Imiquimod or Veregen to complement cryotherapy. Some dermatologists might utilize surgery ( just cutting them off) obviously after numbing, or the application of a strong acid, and others electrodessication ( using an electric needle).

Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate your patience. As I attended a long meeting tonight and was not able to observe your pictures until now.

I would be happy to answer any questions.