Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

WHat are the ways of getting rid of forehead wrinkes? I am a

Customer Question

WHat are the ways of getting rid of forehead wrinkes?
I am a 30 year old male
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  49erLBSU replied 2 years ago.

Went ahead this evening to research some ideas from which you can rid yourself of the wrinkles a male would obtain at a young age:

1. LiveStrong offers some ideas such as moisturizing with a good facial cream, using sunscreen when outdoors, as well as plenty of water and less stress in your life:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/257468-how-do-men-get-rid-of-wrinkles-on-their-forehead/

2. Just published in June, Men Science offers some of the same thoughts:

http://blog.menscience.com/how-to-reduce-mens-forehead-lines/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael.
Thanks for the answer.
Could you please verify if there are creams available to get rid of forhead wrinkles (not only to prevent them) and what are they?

Also what seems to be the more invasive ways of getting that done?

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Would you like me to help?
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there doctor.

Yes, please I still need an answer!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Whenever you can : )

Thank you very much for your reply.

Forehead lines and wrinkles can be treated as follows:

Topical application : One of the following:

Vitamin C serum application

Retinol based products daily at night

Low dose retinoic acid application at night daily

The above products are safe and can be used on a regular basis at night. They help by stimulating collagen and help prevent new lines and wrinkles over time.

The other option are the more invasive treatments:

Botox as you may have a heard is a neurotoxin injection into the muscle that helps in relaxing the forehead lines and wrinkles and they disappear for around 4 to 6 months.

The other methods which are more invasive are non surgical thread treatments and fine liquid based filler treatments that do work well in reducing the lines and wrinkles.

Have you got any family members or friends who have done any of these above earlier?

Have you heard any of these above earlier?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi doctor, may you talk more about these treatments you mentioned in this phrase: "The other methods which are more invasive are non surgical thread treatments and fine liquid based filler treatments that do work well in reducing the lines and wrinkles."
Are they the more invasive ways?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sir?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Liquid based filler treatments are more invasive as they are done with the help of syringe and needles which are pre prepared. They are injected into the areas of the fine lines and wrinkles and help in filling up the area resulting in the reduction of the lines.

The Non surgical threads are thread like materials which are absorbent in nature. They get dissolved in the skin after a few weeks and help in reduction of the lines and wrinkles.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Hence , to conclude the fillers and the thread treatments are more invasive compared to cream applications.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr. Pravin.

Liquid based filler treatments are things like botox, right? Bu they go away soon.

Does the non surgical thread treatment go away also? Do you happen to know a youtube video about it?
How about a face lift?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sir?

Yes , the effect of fillers lasts for around 1 year

The effects of Botox lasts for around 6 months

Thread lifts last for around 4 to 7 months

Yes you can search all these three on youtube videos . There are demonstrations of the treatments done.

Face lift can be done through a surgical or a non surgical radiofrequency heating called Thermage .

These treatments do work well however they take around 7 to 9 months to show results .

The surgical treatments are expensive and take around 1 to 2 months to show results.