How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nair Your Own Question
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 9190
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Nair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently believe i had a case of smegma. It was pretty bad

Customer Question

Hi I recently believe i had a case of smegma. It was pretty bad and I noticed after having sex the tip was super tight and created a very minor tear. Not bleeding or anything. This lead to redness on top for the foreskin and later accumulated a couple white blisters or sores. What can I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 2 years ago.


Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is a picture- dry skin as well. Did get a little better after soaking for 15 minutes.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the photograph - how long has it been like this?

How soon after having sex did the problem start? Was it with a new sexual partner and was it protected or unprotected?

Do you have any burning while passing urine?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well the last time I had sex was about 3.5 months ago, I noticed the smegma not long afterwards. And this started to appear a 2-3 weeks ago. It was unprotected, one of those stupid nights where it was late and random. It does not burn or anything when I urinate. I did go to be clinic and they got me to do a test which was to urinate into a cup and they tested me. It all came back negative but the problem that i am having now concerns me. I'm not sure if it's maybe a bacteria problem or I may have something else. I shower at least once a day ( usually a pretty hygienic person).
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the information. This looks like either a bacterial or fungal sore with surrounding inflammation. To this end I would suggest mixing Neosporin cream with 1% Lotrimin cream and applying twice a day on the affected area and taking Tablet Advil 400 mg orally twice a day to reduce the inflammation. All of these are available over the counter without a prescription. If the sore clears up in 1-2 weeks then nothing further is required. If not then you should get your blood VDRL test done to rule out Syphilis since the first stage, called a Pri***** *****cre, can look like this sometimes and can occur up to 90 days after sexual contact. If the test is positive then treatment is simple and consists of one injection of Benzathine Penicillin which cures the problem.

Till the sore clears up avoid sex and masturbation.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

P.S: Apologies for the delayed reply, was traveling and only got back today.