Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I appear to have a singular pimple on the head of my penis

Customer Question
(i'm circumcized). It was not...
I appear to have a singular pimple on the head of my penis (i'm circumcized). It was not present yesterday but I had unprotected anal sex with my friend last night (and feces did get onto my penis).
I have been looking at pictures of syphilis (there is supposedly an outbreak in my province right now), however the lesion of syphilis seems to be ulcerative, whereby this clearly looks like a pimple. It reminds me of the cysts that often form on my scrotum!
I looked at a picture someone else posted of molluscum contagiosum, but found that this wasn't consistent either.
I have had an HPV wart before (in 2008) so I'm hoping it's that or contact dermatitis... there are no STI clinics where I live so I have to wait several hours at emerg to get this looked at (also no new family doctors accepting patients either...)
Any help = greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
I have attached a picture of the bump!
8/5/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Are you getting any itch on the area?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

It is not itchy but it is sensitive to squeeze (more than the sensitivity of the glans normally)./ Thanks for taking on my question :)

Thank you very much for your reply.

This does not look like syphilis , herpes , molluscum contagiosum or warts from what you have mentioned.

It looks more like a contact dermatitis just as you had thought.

Have you applied any creams on it to heal the area till now?

Hi there! I didn't apply any creams at this point but I have been keeping it clean and making sure to avoid any sexual contact in the mean time.
I suspected dermatitis due to the feces as well as the fact that it has been increasingly warm and sweaty around the past few days. I will certainly try polysporin today. Thanks :)

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?

Would you like me to release the application for giving me a rating for my answer provided?

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist