Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I just my bottom lip with food and I was wondering how would

Customer Question
Hi I just burnt my...
Hi I just burnt my bot***** *****p with food and I was wondering how long would this take to heal and how bad is the burn?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Here's a picture
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/2/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Since how long do you have this?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Got it an hour ago

This would take around 1 week to heal.

The burn is not that bad.

You can heal it faster with application of Local Cortaid cream on the area twice a day for 5 days .

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?

Would you like me to release the application for giving me a rating for my answer provided?

It doesn't hurt anymore so when will I start to see it flatten ?

You will see it flatten withing 3 to 5 days

Okay and one more question , why is the burn white

The area tends to get scalded and turns white because it is the lip mucosa . The skin is thinner on the lips area and hence burns white there.

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist