Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a small sore on my scalp that gets a hardness. Not

Customer Question
like a scab per say...
I have a small sore on my scalp that gets a hardness. Not like a scab per say, but like scale. I can't scratch it off like a scab. It doesn't itch. And only hurts if my brush hits it too hard.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
7/26/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

These are the best I can do. I dont have some one to take a picture for me.

Thank you for the photo image sent.

Since how long do you have this condition?

Does anything ooze out of this condition?

I have had it for about 3 weeks. And it does not ooze. It's just a scale type bump.

Thank you very much for the information provided

Can you hold it between your thumb and index finger?

Is is more like a firm mass?

Have you lost hair over that area?

It's not raised like that. It's hard like a hard scab. But it's it's only like a bump. But not big enough to pinch. And I have not had any hair loss.

It sounds more like a DERMATOFIBROMA.

Have you heard of this before?

No I have not.

They hard solitary slow-growing (rounded bumps) that may appear in a variety of colours, usually brownish to tan. They are benign

There is nothing to worry in terms of malignancy or anything sinister.

They can be treated by freezing the area with liquid nitrogen.

Do you have a facility where you can get this treatment done?

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist