dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Last week I (female) noticed a lump where my thigh

Customer Question

Last week I (female) noticed a lump where my thigh meets my groin. It does not hurt. I can get my fingers around it its moveable. I thought it could be an ingrown hair as it is where hair grows. I have looked and do not see a head on it of any kind that I can determine. It has not gotten bigger. Just popped up over night. No pain at all. Of course I am worrying myself to death thinking its cancer. Could it be a boil or ingrown hair that has just not come to a head yet? I have put hot compress on it...but not as often as I should. i have also read it can be a gland? I should stay off internet as it can scare you to death. My mom had a similar lump a while back went to dr. he said ingrown hair and sent her on her way.
If it was a boil wouldn't it have come to head by now? I tried to squeeze it (yes I know you are not supposed to do that). I think I can feel a harder top on it....... I have not felt bad or sick.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Taking a pic is not possible. I can't get camera positioned right. You cant see anything. The only way you would know it is there would be to feel it. Its a knot that seems to be harder right at top. Sorry to get graphic but it is located right before your upper thigh meets your pelvic region where the pelvic hair grows. So there is hair on area. that is why I thought it could be an ingrown hair. Would I necessarily see a head on it if it was an ingrown hair? Like I said it has not gotten bigger and does not hurt, not inflamed not red. Only reason its bothering me is that I know it is there. I live in Florida and work outside in yard alot and sweat alot and wear tight yoga type pants when working in yard...Could I have something clogged up? I have used a couple of times Ichthammol cream to try and draw it out or bring to head. However, I have only done that about 2 times. it is so messy and smelly.