dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Bed bug bites - i have oozing bites and blisters, 2+ days

Customer Question

Bed bug bites - i have oozing bites and blisters, 2+ days after the bites, is this serious?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?
You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link
Other method of uploading photo or a file is:
1.Click the paperclip icon
2.Click the Browse icon
3.Click the Browse button
4.Select your file and click Open
5.Click OK
6.Click Insert
7.Click Save Changes on this page
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I have bites down my back and both legs. The bites on my legs have developed into weepy blisters, and those on my back have stayed large welts. I am most concerned about the bites on my legs-
left leg:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33512263/2015-07-15%2017.15.59.jpg
right leg:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33512263/2015-07-15%2017.15.43.jpgThanks for your help.

Have you applied any creams on this till now?

Do you have some anti histamines with you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr. Pravin,
I must say I am very disappointed with your service. When this question was asked, there was urgency - I was looking for a solid triage, and reassurance. Instead I got a request for more information - fine- and then a lag of days before receiving another set of questions -- essentially rendering this entire service useless. I will not be using just answer again.

Hello ,

I would like to help you to the best of my ability and hence was looking for more information.

Ofcourse there are creams that you can apply Like Bacitracin ointment twice a day along with Cortaid creams on the area for 10 days to heal the area. But before application , I am trying to get a complete information of this condition as this condition is being shown to me online and I want to rule out all history if possible( which includes malignant or autoimmune blistering conditions)

That is the reason this would take some time to get to the bottom of your condition to make sure you are safe and healthy.

Thats the reason I have asked your drug history next . Please do let me know so I can answer your queries.