Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a bump on the shaft of my penis

Customer Question

I have a bump on the shaft of my penis
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I put in the wrong email it's before Jeffrey @yahoo.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't hurt it isn't sore I am sexually active I've been with the same partner for 4 months now
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach a picture of the bump, preferably a high resolution image to allow zooming?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get the picture I sent that's really the best I can do
I do not see a picture attached to any post.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a pubic hair that does grow out of it not sure if that really matters just thought you should know
Thank you for the picture.
This bump is worrisome for a genital wart. It is also possible that this bump would be from molluscum contagiosum, but when I try to zoom in, there is not good resolution. Zooming in can help because the bumps of molluscum contagiosum will frequently have a small dimple, whereas the bumps of genital warts will frequently have small black spots visible.
With the overall appearance, it would be better for you to see your doctor for an examination.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK thank you but when I look at it I do not see anything black on the bump and how long do these warts take to show up could I have contracted it awhile ago and it just now showing up o
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know your not sure if that's what it is I'm just asking just to know
It is difficult to know with certainty how long it takes for a genital wart to arise for most people, because we usually do not know when someone has been exposed. However, the current evidence suggests that it can take up to a couple years for genital warts to arise, and there is some thought that it may be even longer in some cases.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for the information if it is a wart can I get rid of it and if so can it come back
If it is a wart, your doctor can treat it with destructive techniques, such as freezing. The treatment can eradicate the wart, but there may still be some residual genetic material from the virus that causes warts that may persist indefinitely. So, yes, it is possible that it could occur again, possible in a completely different location.