Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

No matter how much I shower my skin always smell weird,I eat

Customer Question

No matter how much I shower my skin always smell weird,I eat a lot of spices ,onion garlic and others but others eat it too but they don't have too much strong scent like i do,is there any way to stop this
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. Do you have any problem with excessive sweating? History of diabetes or thyroid disorder? Any medical illness do you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have excessive sweating problem that I've been even prescribe a night roll on for by the dermatologist but I don't sweat like that anymore like I used to but it still happening
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back to me. I would like to say that there is a treatment called Iontophoresis which is treatment uses low level electrical impulses to temporarily disable the sweat glands. This will further reduce the weired smell. I will strongly suggest to reduce intake of garlic, onions and spices as sometimes we are more sensitive to these which can reflect in our body fluids smell. Drink plenty of clear fluids, take fresh fruits a lot which will be helpful. I will also suggest to take vitamin B complex. I would also like to have few important tests such as fastening blood sugar level, thyroid function tests please ask your physician to do these.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok even tho I don't over sweat anymore,you still think I should get my gland disable temporarily? For the test I will do that to see how it goes
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.
I think that would be helpful in the long run and sometimes botox injection can be helpful in the sweat glands. Yes I will highly advise to have these tests and follow the guidelines which I have given you will find these helpful.
Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok is the Botox expensive?can my insurance cover dat?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.
It's not that expnesive now a days and most insurance do cover. Please double check with your insurance. Follow the guidelines which I have given you and you will find these helpful. If you can kindly rate the answer now as I have given you few as this is the only way we doctors do get credit here on higher ratings.
Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.