Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I noticed some blotchy areas on my neck and shoulders a few…

Customer Question
.I noticed some blotchy areas...

.I noticed some blotchy areas on my neck and shoulders a few weeks ago and they haven't gone away. They're a few shades darker than my skin and some are slightly pink. I keep getting a few more spots every week. I've looked at pictures online and they resemble pityriasis versicolor. I can send a picture if that helps

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dermatology
6/22/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 3 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Please see this helpful page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Here is one way:

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

Or you can use this site:

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

Go to www.tinypic.com

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.