Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a rash on upper left thigh and it looks like it is

Customer Question

I have a rash on upper left thigh and it looks like it is spreading, likely cause ? I wish I could send picture so you could see it. Looks like evenly spaced bumps
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It extends like this about three by nine rows
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
The image is concerning that there is a folliculitis, which is usually due to bacterial growth in the hair follicles. There are actually several types of folliculitis, but the bacterial growth is the most common.
The usual treatment would be oral antibiotics or a prescription strength topical antibiotic. You can try home management with frequent cleansing and the application of an over the counter topical antibiotic, but if this is not effective, then you should see your doctor.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.