How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Pravin Your Own Question
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 2792
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Pravin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a skin like freckle. What is this? Is this any

Customer Question

I have a skin like freckle. What is this? Is this any problem? It's not a sunburn.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?
You can upload the photo on and send me the link
Other method of uploading photo or a file is:
1.Click the paperclip icon
2.Click the Browse icon
3.Click the Browse button
4.Select your file and click Open
5.Click OK
6.Click Insert
7.Click Save Changes on this page
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here it is.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Since when do you have this condition?
Do you have scaling on the area ?
Do you get itching on the area?
Do you sweat a lot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have this about a year. It wasn't this big. It's not itchy. I don't really sweat a lot either. Maybe sometimes.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Has it remained of the same size over the year or has it increased gradually to the present size you see today?
Is it only on one side of the back?
I see a whitish patch around it ? Do you feel that has started along with the dark brown patch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's gradually increasing. And it's only on the back. I actually don't know if it started with a dark brown patch. I don't know if this is inherited because my dad has the spots too. For him, it's itchy and red for him when he's hot and sweating. When I'm hot and sweaty, it doesn't itch.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information provided,
the kind of spots that you see have a scaling on it.
This is called Pityriasis versicolor . It is a fungus that is seen on the back and shoulder that releases an acid called Azelic acid that causes the skin changes that you see.
Have you heard of this condition?
Would you like to know the treatment for this condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I never heard of this. Yes, I would like to know the treatment for this please.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.
This condition is commonly seen on the back , shoulder and is characterized by dark patches or sometimes white patches.
These are caused by a fungus .
This condition can be treated with over the counter medications.
These include :
Canestan lotion which can be applied twice a day on the back for atleast 6 weeks .
you should use over the counter Nizoral or Nizral shampoo three days a week . Keep it on the are for atleast 45 seconds and then rinse it off. Make sure you use the shampoo lather on the shoulder , back , underarms , scalp and hair.
Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.
Please do leave a feedback for my opinion provided.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Do you need any help on this?
I was awaiting your reply.
Dr Pravin
I would be happy to help