Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Help! I am experiencing chronic hair loss, first with

Customer Question
Help! I am experiencing chronic...
Help! I am experiencing chronic hair loss , first with itching on my scalp followed by days of hair loss. Most recently a burning of the scalp followed by days of hair loss. My hair is half the length and thickness it once was - the hairs are falling out from the root. I have low progesterone and estrogen and am also recovering from malnutrition and emotional trauma which began in the beginning of March and lasted approx 9 weeks. Am I going to continue to lose my hair until there is none left?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/12/2015
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
do you take any other meds or have any other medical issues?
Vitamin/iron supplements inc biotin, betnovate and suffer anxiety recently. No other medical issues
have you been tested for autoimmune hair conditions?
No I haven't heard of these?

there are conditions where your immune system attacks your body. It can cause hair loss

You need to see a dermatologist for scalp biopsy to see if this is the case

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor