Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I hv infestation scabies.. Huge use of premethrin sprays

Customer Question
lotions even took Ivermectin horse...
I hv infestation scabies.. Huge use of premethrin sprays lotions even took Ivermectin horse paste. Comes back. I think they are resistant to p. Ordering malthione and bbenzyl benzoate now. My rash disappears but each time i go to my boyfriends hiuse i het new burrows. I oversee aggressive tx him and his home. But its like infestation. I brought it to him from florida and no one else in his house. Is there new thing sponasadad
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
6/11/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
You need to stop taking medication....especially medication designed for horses and other animals.....as this can be very dangerous, even fatal.
As much as you might not like to hear this it sounds to me like you are not actually suffering from parasitic infections -- and this is why your doctors can't find them and none of your treatments are working -- but rather you suffer from a common psychiatric condition where you BELIEVE you have parasites.
Here is a very good article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:
http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/11/e131.full
This condition is very difficult to treat, as you might imagine.
I suggest you consult with a medical team well versed in helping patients such as yourself.
Does this make sense to you?
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD