Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a pretty bad case of jock itch and I treated it with…

Customer Question
I had a pretty bad...
I had a pretty bad case of jock itch and I treated it with lotto in ultra but it seems to have spread to my scrotum and penis. Applied lotramin for few days now and it seems to be going very slow is this common
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Today I soaked in hydrogen peroxide for about 20 minutes, because I remember my grandfather curing my athletes foot that way. The affected areas turned bright white and it hasn't itched now since I did that, albeit a bit raw feeling, or sensitive I guess you would say. I just wanted to know if this is an acceptable treatment along with using the lotramin ultra cream or if I need to see a physician
The word lotto in the initial question was supposed to read Lotramin Ultra
6/11/2015
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 3 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
do you have a pic?
you need to get some nystatin over the counter. that will take care of it